The “Win a $500 Shopping Spree” Contest by La Chic Ladies Wear Ltd.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ALBERTA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING THE CONTEST.
1. Contest PERIOD: The Win a $500 Shopping Spree Contest (the “Contest”) commences at 12:00:01 AM Mountain Time (“MT”) on July 20, 2015 (“Contest Start Date”), and ends at 11:59:59 PM MT on September 7, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM MT on September 7, 2015 (“Contest Close Date”). Entries submitted past September 7, 2015, will not be accepted and will be destroyed.
2. ADMINISTRATOR/SPONSOR: The Contest is administered and sponsored by La Chic Ladies Wear Ltd. (“La Chic Ladies Wear Ltd. ” or “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, you must be a verifiable legal resident of the country of Alberta, who has reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence, (“Entrant”). Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of the contest rules ) The “Contest Rules”. Employees of the Sponsor, its advertising, Contestal and public relations agencies, members of the immediate family and household of such employees, are not eligible to enter. For purposes of these Rules, “member of the immediate family” means spouse, father, mother, son, daughter, brother and sister of the Entrant, whether or not they are part of the same household.
4. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the “Win a $500 Shopping Spree” Contest, Entrant (“Entrant”) must visit La Chic’s website at https://www.lachiccalgary.com/ (the “Website”) at any time during the Contest Period and complete the all the fields in the form found on that page. Entries are accepted online at the above mentioned Website only—entries will not be accepted by any other means. All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM MT on September 7, 2015. By participating in the Contest, Entrant certifies that his/her Entry is original, created solely by the submitting Entrant, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks, or rights of privacy or publicity. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Entry that it believes contains inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest. A limit of up to one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period using the submission form on the Website will be entered into the Contest. Entries using macro, robotic, script, or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. All Entries shall become the exclusive property of the Sponsor(s) and will not be returned. No mechanically reproduced Entries permitted. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or inaccurate entries.
5. ENTRY VERIFICATION
If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the member account.
Entry Content Restrictions:
By entering, Participants agree to abide and be bound by these Contest Rules. Participants further agree to abide and be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of a Prize.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest Website; (c) acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website associated with this contest or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled or irregular entries, or for any entries not received or not processed for any reason, including any technical or human error. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Sponsor be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the Contest website or otherwise participate in the Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in these Contest Rules, other Contest-related information, including printing or advertising, and other equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest.
During the Contest Period, Sponsor is not responsible for any: failure of the Internet; problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; failure of any email to be transmitted or received; technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or in-store computer kiosk or combination thereof, including injury or damage to an Entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material, regarding the Contest.
7. Win a $500 Shopping Spree CONTEST – WINNER SELECTION: On or about September 15, 2015 (“Judging Date”), one (1) Entrant (the “Contest Winner”) shall be selected by a random draw performed by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The random draw will take place at La Chic Ladies Wear Ltd., 252, 315–8th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 4K1. The Sponsor, whose decisions will be final, shall declare the Contest Winner according to the following Criteria:
- Email Address selected in a random draw
- Confirmation that Entrant is not in violation of Official Rules
- Confirmation that Entrant is not violation of Entry Content Restrictions
Contest Winner will be notified by email communication no later than September 30, 2015 at 11:59:59 PM MT. Upon notification, the selected Contest Winner must respond to the email notification within seven (7) calendar days. If the selected winner does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be declared ineligible and a new Contest Winner will be selected.
Before claiming the Grand Prize, the selected winter will be required to sign a declaration confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the Prize as offered.
8. Win a $500 Shopping Spree – CONTEST PRIZE:
There is a total of One (1) Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) available to be won in connection with the “Win a $500 Shopping Spree” Contest. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Grand Prize package consisting of:
$500 of full-priced fall 2015 merchandise (excluding jewellery) to be purchased at La Chic Ladies Wear Ltd.
Upon receipt of the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations, including, without limitation, all applicable federal, state and local taxes.
The Grand Prize winner must redeem their in-store credit before October 25th, 2015. The Grand Prize has no cash value and is non-transferable.
9. GENERAL TERMS:
Participants in the Contest (the “Participants”) assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of materials/mail/email submitted to Sponsor. Participants agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of Sponsor, or its designated agent, which are final and legally binding in all respects, and further agree that all prizes are awarded upon the condition that the Contest Entities or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, principals, partnerships, employees or agents shall have no liability whatsoever and shall be held harmless for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons or property, including death, sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest-related activities and further acknowledge that said parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its merchantability, quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without prior notice and at any time, to change, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest. The Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, principals, partnerships, employees or agents are not responsible for hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, lost network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by technical or human error which may occur and/or which may damage a user’s system or limit a Contest Participant’s ability to participate and/or redeem prizes in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest, violates these Official Rules or otherwise engages in fraudulent or offensive conduct with respect to this Contest and Sweepstakes. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participants to the fullest extent of the law.
By accepting prizes, winners agree that Sponsor may use each winner’s name, likeness, photograph and/or biographical information, without limitation, for Contestal purposes without further consideration or payment, where permitted by law. All expenses not specified herein are the winners’ responsibility. Grand Prize is not transferable. Grand Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee express or implied. Sponsor disclaims all and any liability for the actual provision, quality or nature of any third party product or service accepted by the winners. No prize, cash or other substitutions allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion – Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that this Contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Contest, as applicable, or to disqualify any Participants residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any Participants who are disqualified due to such an action.
By entering the contest, participants are agreeing to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest. By opting-in to receive information from the Sponsor, the Entrant agrees to receive future emails from the La Chic Ladies Wear Ltd. about products, services, events, and news. La Chic Ladies Wear Ltd. will never sell, trade, rent, or loan this personal information to any other organizations. La Chic Ladies Wear Ltd. will protect the entrant’s personal information.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, by participating Participants agree that: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor and its agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to the Contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the provincial courts located in the Province of Alberta and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
11. SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored by La Chic Ladies Wear Ltd, having a place of business at 252, 315–8th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 4K1.